Government investigations can be devastating to a business or individual. MARC attorneys have the experience, persistence and advanced litigation skills to provide a robust criminal defense. We handle all phases of federal and state matters in New Jersey, New York and other jurisdictions. We represent individuals and businesses, including Fortune 50 international corporations and smaller, privately owned companies. Several of our attorneys are former prosecutors.
Corporations or Individuals Facing Criminal Charges
For corporations or individuals charged with a crime by any state or federal law enforcement agency, our attorneys aggressively defend the charges with thorough and creative strategies, a detailed investigation, and, if need be, trial. We offer the expertise and experience necessary to develop an appropriate defense, and then work hand in hand with our clients to pursue the best possible resolution.
Corporations, Business Entities or Individuals Involved in Government Investigations
MARC represents corporations, business entities and individuals who need to respond to a subpoena, a request for information or other governmental inquiry.
Internal Corporate Investigations
We serve as outside investigators for business clients in all types of internal probes, including allegations of workplace fraud, theft or harassment; employee claims; and environmental complaints. We use our knowledge as former prosecutors to conduct thorough reviews that uncover all potential corporate risks. We also are experienced employment litigators and use that expertise to efficiently conduct investigations with discretion and minimal business disruption.
Our practice includes:
- Corporate internal investigations
- Employee fraud, theft, harassment and other allegations
- Defense of charges involving crimes, violations and offenses
- Response to grand jury and other state and federal subpoenas
- Representation of individual employees in criminal investigations
Our practice includes:
- Representing numerous Fortune 50 company employees in a federal criminal investigation of alleged environmental violations.
- Assisting several national companies served with a federal subpoena seeking documents and information in an investigation into alleged wire and mail fraud in the secondary concert and sports-ticket market.
- Representing a Fortune 50 company in a federal investigation into a petroleum storage facility explosion and representing employees subpoenaed for deposition in a related investigation.
- Assisting a client under federal investigation avoid prosecution in an extensive matter alleging environmental crimes, worker-safety violations and obstruction of justice.