Suzanne M. Murphy
Suzanne Murphy, of counsel, has more than two decades of state and federal experience in complex commercial litigation, particularly employment and environmental law, in New York and New Jersey. She guides clients from the initial preparation and strategy of a defense through settlement and/or trial, as well as at the appellate level.
In the area of employment law, Suzanne lays the foundation for a compelling defense against wrongful termination lawsuits, including those alleging violations of Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and New Jersey’s Conscientious Employee Protection Act (CEPA) and Law Against Discrimination (LAD).
For clients faced with environmental litigation and regulatory issues, Suzanne handles defenses to Oil Pollution Act (OPA), Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), New Jersey Spill Act and New York Navigation Law allegations.
Her comprehensive research and creative legal counsel give clients the most accurate information on potential defenses, applicable insurance coverage issues and other contractual matters.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 1991, with honors
- Notes editor, George Washington Law Review
- Rutgers University, B.A., political science, 1988, cum laude
- New York, 1992
- New Jersey, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1993
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1992
- “Environmental Guidelines: Worker ?Exposure to Vapor Intrusion” Corporate Counsel (2004)
- Note, “The Age Discrimination in Employment Act: A Case Study,” 58 Geo. Wash. L. Rev. 877 (June 1990)