Soundous Bouchouar is an associate who focuses her practice on employment counseling and litigation. She advises clients on compliance with state, federal and local employment laws and regulations regarding workplace accommodations, hiring, discipline, as well as termination and leaves of absence. Soundous also defends employers against claims of discrimination, whistleblower and retaliation, harassment and noncompete matters.
As a law student, Soundous served as an intern for the Honorable Esther Salas in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. She also served as a legal intern for the Immigrant Rights Clinic in Newark where she counseled and interviewed clients and prepared affidavits for contested immigration practices. Prior to joining MARC, Soundous clerked for the Honorable Hany A. Mawla in the Appellate Division of the New Jersey Superior Court.
- Rutgers Law School, J.D., 2020, cum laude
- Staff editor, Women’s Rights Law Reporter
- Co-chair, Moot Court Board
- Rutgers University, B.A., Criminal Justice, 2016, cum laude
- New Jersey, 2021
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2021
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Garden State Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association
- Note, The Future is . . . Robot? Women in the Workforce, Automation, and Tax Law, 42 Women’s Rts. L. Rep. 220 (2021)