Paul F. Carvelli
Paul Carvelli, a director and co-founder of the firm, represents corporate and individual clients in state and federal litigation at the trial and appellate levels. He has served as lead counsel in more than two dozen trials and arbitration matters and has more than thirty years of experience advising clients on all legal aspects of their businesses.
Paul handles contract, business, shareholder, employment and property disputes, and environmental remediation matters. He specializes in complex litigation. His practice also includes employment and business counseling as well as corporate transactions, valuations and dissolution matters. He co-chairs the firm’s education law practice.
Paul is a tireless advocate for special-needs children and their families. He has served, among other charitably-focused appointments, as a Trustee and outside General Counsel to the Somerset Hills Learning Institute and Garden Academy, nonprofit schools for individuals with autism.
Paul has been selected every year since 2007 for inclusion on the New Jersey Super Lawyers© List, based on a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. In 2019, he was named to the New Jersey Super Lawyers Top 100 List. Since 2013, he has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America©, a guide to legal excellence based on peer reviews.
Peers have recognized Paul with an AV Preeminent™ rating of 5 out of 5 for professional excellence, as published in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, an authoritative resource about the legal profession. He has also been selected for inclusion by Martindale-Hubbell and ALM Media, LLC in the New York Area’s Top Rated Lawyers. In 2011, Paul became a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, an honorary society of trial lawyers.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 1989
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., Government, 1986
- New Jersey, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1991
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1989
Honors and Awards
- New Jersey Super Lawyers Top 100, 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2013 – present
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2007 – present
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America honors society, 2011
- AV Preeminent rating 5 out of 5, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Top Rated Lawyer
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Morris County Bar Association
- “Can We Talk? Speaking of and to Former Employees,” Corporate Counsel magazine (December 2004)
- Morris County Chancery Division Mediation Panel, 2018-present
- Autism Tomorrow Corporation, Trustee and outside General Counsel, 2015-present
- Garden Academy, Trustee, 2009-2015; outside General Counsel, 2009-present
- Autism Speaks-New Jersey Chapter, grant committee member, 2013-2017
- Autism Center at Goryeb Children’s Hospital, Morristown Memorial Hospital, Steering Committee member, 2015-2017
- Special Needs Internship and Volunteer Program in the Morris/Sussex Vicinage, co-creator and organizer of project for individuals with autism, 2014
- Somerset Hills Learning Institute, Trustee and outside General Counsel, 2003-2008
* The Super Lawyers list is published by Thomson Reuters; its selection methodology is here. The Best Lawyers list is published by Best Lawyers in America and U.S. News & World Report; its selection methodology is here. The AV Preeminent ratings are published by Martindale-Hubbell; its selection methodology is here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.