Laura A. Siclari
Laura Siclari, a partner, concentrates on environmental/remediation, employment discrimination, special education/disability law and general litigation matters in state and federal court. Her clients are corporations, including a Fortune 500 company in the petroleum industry, as well as public entities and individuals.
In her environmental practice, Laura counsels and represents clients in matters from regulatory and compliance issues to remediation claims and litigation, with an emphasis on soil and groundwater contamination. She works extensively with regional and state public agencies.
In her employment practice, Laura defends clients against discrimination, retaliation, and Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) claims. She also handles other types of employment litigation and general employment issues, and she provides counseling advice to both employers and employees.
In addition, Laura has experience in special education and disability law, representing individuals with disabilities and their families. Her practice includes special needs estate planning, guardianship proceedings, Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) cases and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act matters. Laura previously was a litigator with a large New Jersey law firm.
Laura was selected in 2018 and 2019 for inclusion on the New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars© list, based on a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
- Clerkship, Hon. Theodore A. Winard, Essex County Superior Court, 2004-2005
- Rutgers University School of Law-Newark, J.D., 2004
- clinical law student, Special Education Clinic, representing indigent families in school-district matters; production editor, Rutgers-Newark Women’s Rights Law Reporter
- The College of New Jersey, B.S., Law and Justice, 2001, cum laude
- Pennsylvania, 2015
- New York, 2005
- New Jersey, 2004
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Asperger Syndrome Education Network (ASPEN)
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Young Lawyers and Women in the Profession Sections
- New York Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association, Young Lawyers and Juvenile Concerns Sections
- New Jersey Special Education Practitioners, Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates (COPAA)
- Learning Disabilities Association of American, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- National Center for Learning Disabilities
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- New York County Lawyers Association
- Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates (COPAA)
- Statewide Parent Advocacy Network of New Jersey (SPAN)
- Autism Speaks New Jersey, Grants Committee
- Alpine Learning Group, Human Rights Committee
- Board of Trustees, Care Plus NJ, Inc., a provider of comprehensive mental health and substance abuse services in northern New Jersey, chair
- Rutgers University School of Law-Newark, Alumni Mentoring Program
- NJ LEEP, student mentor