Allison N. Zsamba
Allison Zsamba’s practice concentrates on litigation and counseling services in the areas of commercial, employment and environmental law. Allison’s clients range from large to small business entities. As a litigator, Allison regularly advocates on behalf of her clients in state and federal courts and via arbitration and mediation panels. She also provides her clients business and transaction guidance to maximize their goals as well as avoid future liabilities. Allison’s transactional practice includes comprehensive and complex contract drafting and negotiation.
Allison is admitted to practice in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and before the District of New Jersey and has previously been admitted pro hac vice in the state of New York.
Allison is well respected among her peers and colleagues, having been included in the 2022 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list in Commercial Litigation. Further, Allison is a thought leader, having published articles in the areas of cannabis, commercial, employment and environmental law.
- Clerkship, Hon. Donna M. Taylor, Atlantic County Superior Court, Criminal and Civil Divisions, 2013-2014 term
- Clerkship, Hon. Albert J. Garofolo, J.S.C., temporarily on recall, Criminal Division, 2013-2014 term
- Rutgers University School of Law-Camden, 2013, cum laude
- William Paterson University, Bachelor in Science, Business, 2009
- New Jersey, 2013
- Pennsylvania, 2013
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2016
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Member, NJ Bar Association Cannabis Law Special Committee
- Member, NJ Bar Association, Business Law section, Cannabis Industry Committee
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers®, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list for Commercial Litigation, 2022
- Dean’s List, Rutgers University School of Law-Camden
- Recipient, New Jersey State Bar Foundation’s Sonia Morgan Scholarship
- Keeping Restaurants in Business: Sick, Safe, and Vaccination Leave in New York (Modern Restaurant Management Spring 2021)
- Employment Litigation Considerations in a Post-Pandemic World: Leave and Liability (New Jersey Lawyer, New Jersey State Bar Association Spring 2021)
- “Sifting Through the Smoke: New Jersey Employers Now Face Job Protections for Employees using Medical Marijuana”, August 16, 2019.
- “CBD, it’s everywhere but is it legal?”, August 16, 2019.
- “Cannabis Tax Plans. Considerations for New Jersey’s Future”, New Jersey State Bar Association’s New Jersey Lawyer, December 2019.
- “Shaimos Burials: Why Religion Should Yield to the State’s Compelling Interest in Environmental Regulation & the Protection of Human Health”, Rutgers Journal of Law & Religion, 2012.