Petroleum Marketing Practices Act (PMPA)
Gasoline distributors have long relied on MARC for authoritative legal guidance – from franchise dispute litigation under the federal Petroleum Marketing Practices Act (PMPA), and equivalent state statutes, to indemnification, tenancy and related issues.
Our clients include refiners, marketers, gas stations, convenience stores and others who seek our counsel for specific legal matters as well as for day-to-day guidance in running their businesses. Clients range from startups to national and global franchisors.
Our respected team, often working with attorneys in other MARC practice areas, also advises on:
- PMPA compliance and transactional issues
- Commercial and business matters, including insurance liability and joint-employer issues
- Environmental issues
- Employment matters
- Fraud allegations
- Personal injury claims
- Real estate and retail facility leases
- Drafts and defense of industry contracts, such as franchise and distribution/supply agreements; preparation and registration of franchise disclosure documents; post-termination restrictive covenants, and review of operations manuals
- Intellectual property protection and marketing/branding/rebranding matters