MARC represents national and international companies in defending personal injury, tort and product liability actions. We have both practical and sophisticated knowledge of how best to develop and present our clients’ defense, especially in high-exposure cases.
When appropriate, to minimize litigation expenses, we work with our clients, including in-house counsel, to resolve claims pre-suit or during the early stages of litigation.
When early resolution is not practicable, we aggressively yet efficiently pursue all avenues of discovery and investigate all facets of the allegations, with the goal of uncovering facts necessary to file a successful dispositive motion. In cases that have resulted in trial by jury, we have enjoyed considerable success in courts in New Jersey and New York.
Our practice includes:
- Assaults and wrongful death actions by or against employees
- Automobile accidents
- Construction-equipment accidents
- Consumer products
- Equipment leases
- Environmental contamination
- Malpractice claims against real estate professionals
- Pharmaceutical products
- Premises liability
We have extensive experience representing petroleum manufacturers and distributors, including claims alleging property damage, economic losses and personal injuries tied to environmental contamination. We also represent service station franchisors and franchisees in personal injury matters.
In addition, we use our expertise in select plaintiff matters involving complex personal injury claims.
Our recent engagements include:
- Obtaining dismissal at the conclusion of the presentation of evidence during a jury trial for an international petroleum company in a claim its excavation damaged neighboring property.
- Winning a no-cause verdict, and affirmation on appeal, for an employer in a New York Labor Law claim alleging catastrophic hand, neck and arm injuries in a ladder fall. The case involved the “grave injury” exception to the New York workers’ compensation exclusion.
- Winning a no-cause jury verdict in favor of an international petroleum company on claims its pipeline operation caused a fire and explosion at a home nearby.
- Winning a no-cause jury verdict for a gasoline service station on a premises liability claim alleging a slip and fall on an icy ramp.
- Resolving a product liability claim on behalf of an international beverage company over significant injuries caused by a shattered drinking glass.
- Obtaining dismissal on summary judgment of claims against a franchisor involving an alleged assault and the filing of a false police report.