MARC has expertise in issues unique to franchisors and franchisees, distributors and distributees, and licensors and licensees. We handle state and federal disputes ranging from breach of contract and termination/nonrenewal matters to fraud claims. Our clients include large, multinational corporations as well as individuals. We also defend franchisors in multiplaintiff litigation and class actions.
MARC is a recognized leader in New Jersey and New York in cases involving gasoline service stations/dealers and petroleum suppliers, and we have substantial experience in Petroleum Marketing Practices Act (PMPA) litigation.
When appropriate, we resolve disputes through alternative means such as mediation and arbitration.
Our practice includes:
- Breach of contract
- Class actions
- Consumer fraud
- Economic loss
- Franchisee torts
- Implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing
- Transfer disputes
- Vicarious liability
Our recent engagements include:
- Defending a lawsuit brought by more than 90 gasoline service station franchisees against a Fortune 50 company.
- Prosecuting claims against a real estate brokerage franchisee for failure to comply with a franchise agreement and defending the franchisee’s breach of contract, fraud and consumer fraud counterclaims.
- Negotiating resolution of claims by a wine-and-spirits importer against its European supplier.
- Successfully defending a Chinese juice-product supplier against nonshipment claims.
Andrew E. Anselmi for additional information.