Andrew, a co-founder and director of the firm, is a trial lawyer with extensive experience in complex civil and corporate litigation, international arbitration, environmental litigation and class actions. As many of his cases are high-stakes or “bet-the-company” matters, Andrew works intensively and collaboratively with clients on developing winning strategies, be it at trial or through business resolutions.
Peers give Andrew an AV Preeminent™ rating of 5 out of 5 for professional excellence, as published in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, an authoritative resource about the legal profession. As a result, he was selected for inclusion in the New York Area’s Top Rated Lawyers, put out by Martindale-Hubbell and ALM Media, LLC. He also has been selected each year since 2007 for inclusion on the New Jersey Super Lawyers© list and since 2012 as one of the Top Attorneys in Business Litigation in the Corporate Counsel edition of Super Lawyers, based on a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.*
In addition, his advocacy and leadership extend beyond his work to a wide range of civic affairs. In 2017, Pope Francis bestowed upon him the title of Knight of the Order of St. Gregory the Great. Andrew also is chairman of the Board of Trustees of Saint Paul Inside the Walls, a Catholic Center for New Evangelization; chairman of the Board of Trustees of Assumption College for Sisters; and a member of the Delbarton School Board of Trustees. In addition, he served as president in 2008-2009 of the Board of Trustees for Programs for Parents, Inc., which supports Essex County children, families and child-care providers.
- Successfully represented importer in two separate evidentiary hearings in international arbitration concerning foreign supplier’s attempt to terminate
- Defeated injunction applications brought in U.S. District Court in New York against major oil company under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, and in Delaware Court of Chancery against pharmaceutical interests under theories of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and misappropriation.
- Represented Chinese supplier of juice concentrate in claims brought against it in U.S. District Court of California. Affirmative claims against client were dismissed and counterclaim settled on the eve of trial. In a separate case in New York against the supplier, argued Chinese law to have the action dismissed in favor of arbitration in China.
- Served as New Jersey counsel in 50-state antitrust litigation against group of computer component manufacturers
- Served as co-counsel for plaintiffs in $1B+ quantum meruit claim that settled after more than three weeks of trial in New Jersey state court.
- Prevailed in representation of water commission in several actions instituted against it to void inter-local services agreements.
- Represented New York supplier of industrial equipment product liability in case brought against it in New Jersey by chemical manufacturer from Louisiana, defeating first-party claim and settling third-party claim through insurance proceeds.
- Served as co-counsel in class action resulting in dismissal of claims against generic drug manufacturer.
- Represented national developer in multimillion-dollar claim instituted against suppliers of contaminated fill, ultimately recovering the cost of remediation.
- Successfully argued in U.S. District Court of New Jersey that defamation claims brought against California lawyer for pre-litigation statements were protected by litigation privilege.
- Hired for appeal purposes, had criminal defendant’s prison sentence vacated in Third U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Successfully represented several corporations and individuals in restrictive covenant and New Jersey Oppressed Minority Shareholder Statute cases.
- Complex civil litigation
- Corporate litigation
- International arbitration
- Environmental litigation
- Class actions
- New Jersey, 1990
- District of Columbia, 1993
- New York, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1991
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1990
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2017
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1990
- Williams College, B.A., Political Science, cum laude with highest honors, 1987
- London School of Economics and Political Science, 1986
- Delbarton School, 1983
- National Head Start Association Humanitarian of the Year Award
- Vivere Christus Medal, given by Bishop Arthur J. Serratelli of the Diocese of Paterson, 2010
- Fellow of the American Bar Association
- Litigation Counsel of America
- National Italian American Bar Association
- Seton Hall University School of Law, adjunct professor, Appellate Advocacy, 1995-2008
- Morris County Chancery Mediation Panel