Kate, an associate, concentrates her practice on general business/commercial litigation as well as environmental regulatory, litigation, and transactional matters. Kate has extensive experience representing clients in all manner of complex commercial matters and has experience representing clients in administrative and judicial proceedings before state and federal courts, as well as agencies such as the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection. Kate has counseled clients across a wide range of industries including: pharmaceutical, real estate, cosmetics, asphalt and cement production, commercial chemical manufacturing, glass manufacturing, and petroleum distribution.
In addition to her experience with complex commercial litigation, Kate negotiates stipulations, consent orders and decrees, and prepares all types of environmental agreements, including purchase/sale, cost allocation, environmental investigation, indemnification, and access agreements for the purpose of environmental investigations. She also has substantial experience representing clients’ interests as members of potentially responsible party (PRP) groups at complex remediation sites. Kate guides clients through site remediation and redevelopment projects throughout the country.
Kate served as law clerk to the Hon. Walter Koprowski, P.J. Ch., Chancery Division, Superior Court of New Jersey, Essex County, during the 2009-2010 term. Prior to joining McCusker Anselmi Rosen Carvelli, she was an environmental law associate with a large general practice law firm in New Jersey and an environmental associate with an international law firm in their New Jersey offices.
Kate was selected for the Super Lawyers New Jersey Rising Stars List in 2015-2019 for environmental law*.
- Environmental law
- Commercial litigation
- New Jersey, 2009
- New York, 2010
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2013
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2009; Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Board Member; 2007 Interscholastic Negotiation Competition Winner; Gressman Moot Court Competition Quarterfinalist.
- George Washington University, B.A., cum laude, American Studies, 2006; Dean’s List; National Society of Collegiate Scholars; Presidential Achievement Scholarship; Order of Omega.
- Justice Stewart G. Pollock Environmental American Inn of Court, Barrister
- New Jersey Society of Women Environmental Professionals, Scholarship Chair
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Environmental Law Section
- New York State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, Young Lawyers Division
- New Jersey Law Firm Mentoring Program, Mentor
- Katherine Riopel Suell and David Mairo, “Natural Resource Damages,” in New Jersey Environmental Law Handbook, Eighth Edition, The Berman Press, (2014)
- Hon. Walter Koprowski Jr., Superior Court, Chancery Division, General Equity and Probate Part, Newark, NJ, September 2009-September 2010